Posted by Nicci | Posted in Exercise Equipment, Exercise Videos, Fitness | Posted on 14-09-2011
We’ve talked before about how celebrity pitchmen help sell infomercial products by adding a famous face and endorsement to a variety of products. We’ve also talked about how the growing popularity of mixed martial arts has influenced As Seen On TV exercise equipment and spawned MMA champion endorsements from the fighters who pin their names on the latest fitness products. This post will take each of those topics and combine them to focus on the trend of professional athletes who act as infomercial pitchmen.
For the most parts, athletes lend their names and images to fitness products, sports training equipment, exercise videos, and even kitchen products. They may simply lend a testimonial as endorsement or they may allow their name or image to be used in conjunction with the product–even as a part of the product name. Other professional athletes act as infomercial pitchmen for the product, and some take it a step further, endorsing and pitching their own products.
Some professional athletes and the As Seen On TV kitchen products or exercise products with which they are associated follow:
- Hulk Hogan (WWE) – Hulk Hogan Ultimate Grill
- George Foreman (Boxing) – George Foreman’s Everyday and More Cleaner
- Randy Couture (MMA) – Tower 200
- Chuck Liddell (MMA) – JackRack
- Andrew Bynum (NBA) – Celebrity Sweat Complete Exclusive Sports Workout Edition
- Carlos Boozer (NBA) – Celebrity Sweat Complete Exclusive Sports Workout Edition
- Travis Limauro (MMA) - Muscle Warfare Bodybuilding Supplements
- Georges St. Pierre (MMA) – Rip60
- Terrell Owens (NFL) – NOX360 Muscle Building Supplement
Obviously, finding a famous athlete to promote any product geared toward the consumer’s health, fitness, or nutrition is a good idea. After all, who is going to want to use exercise equipment endorsed by Kevin James as opposed to Kevin Durant?
Which professional athlete’s endorsement would you most trust in purchasing As Seen On TV fitness products?