Posted by Nicci | Posted in Exercise Equipment, Weight Loss | Posted on 01-12-2011
One of the most common New Year’s Resolutions is to lose weight. Combining post-holiday weight gain with the motivation to make a fresh start at the beginning of the year makes As Seen On TV exercise equipment a fantastic gift idea. However, the best idea is to buy these items for yourself. Buying any type of weight loss or exercise product for someone else is a risky endeavor–particularly if that someone else is your wife. Here at SeenOnTV Express, we recommend only buying exercise equipment for your wife under the following circumstances:
- She asked specifically for it.
- When she opens it, you say things like, “I only got it because you wanted it. I think you look amazing. I’m still not sure why you want it. I mean, you are GORGEOUS!!”
- You also include a very sparkly, blingy gift that comes in a tiny box.
- You never, ever, EVER ask her if she is using it or why she isn’t.
- Add a little more effusive praise of her beauty here.
Last week, we talked about how to achieve a slimmer silhouette–or at least make your pants fit comfortably–after packing on holiday pounds. This week, we’ll segue from disguise to transformation by looking at infomercial toning products that make stimulating the muscles effortless. Electronic Muscle Stimulation, or EMS, is an FDA-cleared method of toning muscles that has long been used for physical therapy in medical settings. Now, EMS is becoming a leader in muscle toning for fitness at home. To use an EMS ab toning belt or other electronic muscle stimulator, you simply put on the device, turn on the device, and let the electronic current go to work contracting and stimulating your muscles.
Among the top selling As Seen On TV ab belts and electronic muscle stimulators:
- The Flex Belt Ab Belt for toning the abdominal muscles
- The Flex Mini for tightening the hips, thighs, and buttocks
- The Sport Elec Ab Belt for tightening the abs
Using gentle electric impulses, these EMS toning devices stimulate the muscles to contract and release, much as they would during dozens, even hundreds, of exercises such as crunches and sit ups for the abs or squats and lunged for the butt, hips, and thighs. In the case of the Flex Mini, the device can even be worn discretely under clothes for anytime toning without a workout.
Remember, As Seen On TV exercise equipment is a gift best bought for oneself–get started using yours now to prevent holiday pounds and to kick off your New Year’s Resolution right. If buying exercise equipment for a loved one, do so only if it is requested and only if you are prepared to spend the next five years telling her that you did NOT call her fat!