Posted by Nicci | Posted in Beauty, Exercise Equipment, Exercise Videos, Fitness, Garden, Kitchen Products, Personal Care, Pets | Posted on 10-08-2011
One of the really, really hard things about working for a company that offers As Seen On TV products is that you want to buy almost everything you see. We’ve discussed before how infomercial products are designed to fill a need that you may not have even realized you had, so when I see a product that solves any dilemma in my life, or that looks fun, or that will make things easier, or . . . well, I just want it. A lot.
Of course, money does not, in fact, grow on trees, so I have really worked to curb my impulse spending. Instead buying the things that I oh-my-goodness-have-to-have-now, I have started keeping a mental As Seen On TV wishlist. Here are some of my top picks on infomercial products that I desperately want (and will only be able to refrain from buying for so long):
- The Instyler – Smooth, shiny, and bouncy hair? Eliminate frizzies in less time? Straight hair that isn’t smashed flat and limp? Using one tool to curl or straighten? Who wouldn’t love this?! Sign me up.
- The Flex Mini – Okay, seriously. A butt workout without working out. A lunge-free and squat-free way to get firm thighs and rounded glutes. It’s on.
- Big Top Cupcake – I don’t honestly know why I want this so badly. I just do. I think it would be fun to make these for my son’s birthday parties. Or maybe it’s just the idea of a ginormous cupcake sounds so heavenly.
- Luminess Airbrush Tan – I was raised in the era of the “healthy glow” by a mother who ingrained in me that “tan fat looks better than white fat,” but am now forced to face the facts about the sun’s damaging properties. With an airbrush tan, maybe I could have that sunkissed look I love without those pesky wrinkles and melanoma.
- Gyro Bowl – I have a toddler. End of story.
Of course, this is an incomplete list of Stuff I Want. I pretty much want every Beachbody exercise DVD program and all of the plants that let me grow my own cherries/blueberries/peppers/insert-produce-here at home. As long as I’m doing this, I know my As Seen On TV wishlist will continue to grow like grass on a Canada Green lawn.
What’s on your infomercial wishlist?